EDC: Everyday Carry, What to Carry and Why!
EDC is simply short for Everyday Carry. It refers to the things you have on you or in your pockets at all times. As preppers we usually seem to have a few more things we carry than many other people. This is a picture of the normal things I carry all the time.
This is what I carry:
- Smith & Wesson Shield 9MM with an 8 round mag with extended grip in it
- Desantis Nemesis Conceal Carry Pocket holster that I tuck inside the waistband
- Extra 7 round standard Magazine that I keep in my pocket
- Chapstick (Good for chapped lips but could be used to help start a fire)
- KA-BAR Limited Edition XVI Folding Pocket Knife (Cheapie but good)
- Samsung Galaxy Stellar Smartphone
- Arizona Cardinals Leather Wallet (Always keep my hunting license, CCW, and multi-function wallet survival tool (free at that link) among other things)
- Keys with a bottle opener and small all in one tool (kind of like a leatherman)
Things to consider when choosing your EDC items
Your EDC really should fit your lifestyle and the normal things you do. As a person who has a desk job that is within ten miles from my home what I keep in my pockets works for me. If you drive your vehicle every day you may also want to have a get home bag in it which I have discussed in this article. What we carry may also depend on our work and where we live. Many employees are not allowed to carry guns and some other states do not allow it as well.